Thursday, February 22, 2007

Before Abby Was Alive.....

Me, massive and days away from finally kicking Abby out of the belly. I was a cranky, angry person by this point in the pregnancy. I was huge, my feet were so swollen (see below) I couldn't walk, and generally I spent all day EATING! Did I mention that my labor was probably the silliest Kaiser has ever seen? Other than the two hours when I was a demon escaped from hell, I was one happy person. Jamie (Chris's sister) and Chris went a little crazy at some point (I am pretty sure it was about 2:30am). The nurses kept coming in and telling them to calm down because they were raising my blood pressure. It was funny how no matter what the nurses said they just kept up with the LOUD sillyness. I went through so many nurses and a couple doctors we felt the need to keep track (and rate) of them all. Overall, I hated them (the nurses with stars next to their names are the nurses we liked) because they treated me like an idiot and for some reason would never tell me where I was at in dilation. I was nine days late when Abby accidently kicked a little too hard and popped my water (thats what it felt like to me anyways!), so Ellen thought she was safe going a couple hours away on an errand. She finally arrived and Abby was still quite happy in the belly. Later she nearly missed everything again when Abby decided that she was done seven hours (give or take one or two) and Ellen was at home taking a nap. She made it as I was about to start pushing, making the final list of people given the honor of watching Abby be born: Chris, Ellen, Becky and Jamie.

No comments: